Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Student Perspectives on eLearning: Not Just an Education but a Way of Life




Kathleen Morris [BSN, 2004; MSN, 2008] describes her experience with the online learning process as very positive, and that it has made her more intelligent, resourceful, and organized. "I enjoyed being able to attend class or do my schoolwork around my busy lifestyle. I could log on anytime, anywhere, this truly helped me maintain a balance in my life," she said.

"Contrary to what some people might believe, online learning is not easier than attending school in a classroom setting," says Kathleen Morris. Morris, who had never taken an online course before Drexel Online, feels the experience made her more intelligent, resourceful, and organized. "I loved [that] it made me search for answers and kept me disciplined."

Source: einsights.typepad.com

Kathleen said Drexel's reputation was the biggest factor in deciding where she wanted to go back to school. "Drexel is known for delivering the highest quality education in forward-thinking ways. Drexel is always thinking outside of the box, and because of that they graduate some of the top leaders in many industries," she said. Along with its reputation, the convenience of Drexel's online learning format also played a large part in Kathleen's decision."Online learning is a wonderful way to learn. It will teach you how to navigate your resources, organize your time, and develop your self-learning skills. All of those are traits you will use in the health care field. Health care is always changing and as practitioners we need to be able to change with it. Online learning gives you that edge," said Morris.

"I also enjoyed being able to attend class or do my schoolwork around my busy lifestyle. I could log on anytime, anywhere. This truly helped me maintain a balance in my life," she said.

Currently, Kathleen is the Stroke Program Coordinator at St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton, NJ. "I recently returned to this role after two years of being the Critical Care Nurse Manager. I would not be able to do either job without the education I received from Drexel; it gave me the foundation I needed to succeed," said Morris.


No comments:

Post a Comment